Friday, October 30, 2009
What amazes me is the ignorance and stupidity of so many in the profession, our the lack there of for the people that invest or buy a home that pays there bills.
So ready or not here it comes so you might as well begin it with a smile on your face.
Here to help is a quick guide to real estate lingo and sales-speak that would put even the best double-talking politician to shame.
Who knows, it might even help provide a different perspective on properties while you are out and about this weekend.
Low/No Maintenance Yard : The former owners paved over everything so there is no grass for the kids or pets. Forget buying a lawnmower and opt for a pressure washer instead. As a plus, parking is plentiful.
Quaint : So small only one person at a time can enter the kitchen and three is a full house.
Move-In Ready : We painted and called the carpet cleaner.
Seasonal Creek : Flash flooding alert!
Neighborhood Watch : The busy-body that lives next door knows everyone’s business and will call the police to report your dog the first time it gets out.
Country Living : Bring emergency rations since you are sure to get lost trying to find the property.
Cozy : Leave your king sized bed and overstuffed furniture behind.
Three Season Sunroom : Non permitted addition without insulation.
Near Transportation : Jets fly overhead, school bus stops in front yard and interstate is 20 feet away.
Nature Lovers Delight : Raccoons rip through the trash 3 times per week and your car insurance will go up after colliding with deer every year.
Energy Efficient : So small you can use a camp stove to heat the house.
Close to Everything : We didn’t sell when we should have so they built the mall around us.
Corner Lot : Constant traffic or the local neighborhood hang-out where kids of all ages congregate 24/7 and neighbors walk their dogs to do their ‘business’.
Meticulously Maintained : All original fixtures, appliances, cabinets and carpeting dating back at least 20 years or more.
Desirable Neighborhood : 20% premium based upon snob appeal.
Stunning Views : You will need a 4x4 to get up the driveway.
Lots of Storage Space : Unfinished attic or basement that is too small to do anything else with.
Completely Remodeled : Meaning you are buying our property, and the only one worth buying on the MLS!! See the link below!!
click the following URL to see listing
For an end buyer this house is brand new, nothing that needs to be done.
For an investor this is a house that will rent in a week and cashflow $500+ per month from the gate.
How is that for a comedic education wrapping up a Friday!!
See you at the top! "Bitches"
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
But do you really have what it takes to become wealthy with REO's or anything in life period?
The plain and simple fact is that many people think they are using positive thinking strategies for working their investments when in reality they are simply playing head games.
See how you score with this set of “truth serum” questions…then learn how to stop playing games and start investing for real wealth and success.
1. Do you have 20, 10, 5 and 1 year goals written down on paper...or are they simply stuck in your own mind? Research has consistently demonstrated those that actually write down goals are much more likely to accomplish them later. If your goals are just in your own mind it’s an indicator you are playing head games rather than setting the stage for long term accomplishment. Put them on paper – be specific.
What is your net worth goal at each stage?
How many homes for what average profit are required to get you there?
What is your acceptance ratio?
How many offers will you need to make each week/month to achieve that goal?
2. Do you focus on attitude or actions? Although attitude can change behavior – it’s much more likely that behavioral actions will change your attitude. Having a positive attitude is important but attitude alone will not close a deal; instead, your attitude is likely to reflect your degree of preparedness and successful closing of deals.
Don’t fall for the trap of believing all that is required is simply a good attitude – remember, actions speak louder than words. Get a proven plan of action that works then get busy implementing that plan every day.
3. Have you named your constraints? Everyone has obstacles and objections that limit their investment potential but have you taken the time to actually list each and every one of them?
The first step in learning how to live without limits is to put them into proper perspective. Write them down then take a long hard look…(those of you around me know what I am talking about 1. moved out of state, 2. single parent, 3. wife worries about money, 4. bills to pay, 5. child support, 6. alimony to ex wife, 7. what if we fail, 8. don't like who I am working with, 9. don't have daycare, 10. I have been working for 40 straight days)which ones are true impediments to your success and which ones are merely “dislikeable” or "fucking excuses"?
For example, if you wanted to double your profit potential, you already know how many additional offers will need to be made each month (assuming you have already worked out numbers 1 and 2 above); how will you fit that time into your existing schedule in order to reach your goal?
Is it impossible to turn off the television for a few extra hours each week or just a question of determination? The choice is yours but be sure not to engage in self sabotage – name each constraint then list the solution beside it. once you have named the constraint and understand it the FIX IT!
Learning to live without self imposed limits is easier than you might think but it does require a few simple steps;
Clarity, Competence and Concentration.
These 3-C’s of success are the cornerstone to every investor / successful person.
Do you have the clarity required to truly accomplish your goals are you merely in the day-dream or talking stage?
If you aren’t acting then take a long hard look; lip service is cheap. Competence is essential to any strategy but fortunately for novice investors, it’s also "possible to purchase expertise": ME
doctors, lawyers and even real estate brokers all routinely sell their expertise.
Make it work for you buy committing to your own success. Concentration requires focus, determination and dedication to pursue your goal without becoming bored, fearful, anxious or allowing other negative emotions or situations (REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE HAVE SOMETHING ELSE THAT NO ONE HAS, THERE IMMEDIATE REACTION IS TO ATTACK OR DISCREDIT WHAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE DOING OR HAVE) to interfere.
I have seen all the dirty tricks others will pull to discredit, shame, slander or place liable. Just to see if they can stop, cause problems or make people give up. (LOOK AT RECENT EVENTS, I HAVE PEOPLE RUNNING SCARED FOR THE FENCES BECAUSE WE JUST FINISHED THE FIRST MN PROJECT ON THURSDAY 10-22-09. AND WAS ALREADY GETTING FICTITIOUS ATTACKS BY SATURDAY 10-24-09) DUMB ASS BITCHES!!!
So Add them up to see where you stand, if you keep the three points labeled above in check personally, no one and I mean no one will ever be able to stop your success.
But on a personal note: make sure to always check you back field for those that are not truly on the team. There are always a few!
" No one changes Anything, without risking Everything"
Saturday, October 24, 2009
1. When interviewing an agent, ask to see a HUD statement of how many homes they have purchased / invested in...
Note: Less than 3% of all licenced agents across the US actually invest in the business that is there chosen profession.
(OK STOP THE PRESS!! THAT IS LIKE BUYING MEAT FROM A BUTCHER THAT IS A VEGETARIAN)
If they are professionals make them show you. If they cannot show you they are investing,
1st WALK AWAY
2nd CALL ME.....I WILL INVEST WITH YOU
2. Do you know how much they make:
I WANT EVERYONE TO PUT ON THERE THINKING CAPS FOR THIS NEXT LITTLE PIECE OF SCHOOL!!
Average purchase through my program with a breakdown of what the agent makes with me:
Purchase price of home: $20k
Bank pays buying agent average of $2-3,000 for me Buying this bank owned property: $3,000
We sell the home to end buyer / investor for $145k and pay agent 3-6% for selling: $8,700
So..... If I am an agent buying homes for Adam I can make worse case scenario $7350 per house that he successfully buys and sells every month.
$7350 for signing a few lines on purchase agreements, a few faxes, showing a house other people put there blood sweat and tears into.
3. If you meet with the realtor and he is investing, can be trusted, is willing to lower his commission or pay you half!
Then if he is serious before you end your meeting paperwork should be in order and a sign in the front yard before he leaves, your property will be on the MLS in less than 24 hours and you will have showings and marketing material in place withing 72 hours.
IF NOT AGAIN
1ST WALK AWAY
2ND CALL ME....
I am sharing this because I have personally seen the wrong agent ruin peoples lives! Because they have a license they paid $400 for and attended classes for 30 days. Just because you went to a months worth of school does not make you an expert. (Read between the lines) I know plenty of people that w ill come to me and tell me how many years of experience they have, first thing I say to them "IF YOU HAVE THAT MANY YEARS INTO THE GAME SUCCESSFULLY, WHY AREN'T YOU RETIRED?"
I personally have chewed through 100's of agents just to find the 3% of guys to work with.
(Seriously, chewed through agents like a kid at a gumball machine that keeps spitting out free gumballs. Pick them up chew a few times and spit them to the curb where they belong because they suck!!! These are the same agents that are angry, wish me miss fortune and are pissed that I am telling the truth to anyone bright enough to listen. Hey guess what guys F*** YOU, I am here to make sure that the 97% of real estate agents that do not belong in the game get gone.)
OK Kids on a lighter note, the reason I stress these things is most importantly for people to learn, but secondly to build and expand the team. Here is the way your home should be listed, so you can effectively sell it and continue to grow your business.
This is they right way to do it,
For anyone interested in expanding your investment business the right way contact me directly so I can show you the right way to do it.
We have 200 projects to do this year imagine if I was working with the normal selfish realtor that did nothing for the team, did not share profits and just pushed paperwork they would make $1,470,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is $1.4 Million out of your pocket, ask yourself did your agent earn that? If the answer is no then call me and do business the right way I can promise you that you will make money and love the work your agent does for you working with us!!
" No one changes Anything, without risking Everything"
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I was asked what the magic trick was, or which bank I was paying off. I stated no just simple rules of engagement!
Investing in short sales / REO's after the big real estate bust is different.
There was a time not so long ago when the only factor required to make a profit in real estate was ownership; wait long enough and the price would go up magically.
There was little need to repair, renovate or even rent out the property. Just sit on it a few months and allow the market to drive up the cost until it was time to sell. Today, things are not so simple; it requires an entirely different mindset to invest in real estate after the bust but that doesn’t mean there are no profits to be made.
In fact, there might be more profits than EVER for those willing to keep pace with change and modify their investment strategy.
Here to help are new rules for investing in short sales / REO's after the big bust:
1. Know the Area and Audience. Take the time to understand the area, target audience and banks you will be working with. The more informed you are the better prepared you will be to take advantage of the best opportunities.
2. Follow the dumb-money. Unlike investing in the stock market where people constantly try to figure out where the smart money is going…short sale / REO investors should be on the trail of ‘dumb money’…those people that bought more than they could afford, failed to have a safety net or otherwise need out –now. You are their solution so search for the problem.
3. Don’t take it personally. While some media pundits make short sale / REO investors out to be greedy land barons (you should be so lucky!), the reality is those that dislike short sales / REO's are no more honest nor less self-interested than those that deal directly with foreclosures, by-owner listings or other types of investments.
4. Understand opportunity. There are times when “averages” don’t truly reflect the full value of short sales / REO's; remember, there are always bad deals made by ill-informed people including those new to short sale / REO investing. Unfortunately, it tends to drive down the full potential by hiding the outstanding profit potential realized by those that work deals right from start to finish.
5. Admit when you are wrong. Falling in love with a property happens – it shouldn’t but it does. Learn how to cut your losses and work this system like a business. If you don’t know enough – learn it. If you are making emotional decisions – get a mentor. Everyone has something to learn so face the facts…admit when you are wrong or in need of help then take action.
6. Don’t take advice from inferior agents or others without a proven track record! Book knowledge is one thing but results are entirely something else. Before taking advice from anyone – ask to see their real results….the ones with the dollar sign in front. Then ask to see how many times they were able to repeat the results. Remember, anyone can get lucky once in awhile but that doesn’t mean they have a system that really works. (NOT LIKE MINE!!!)
7. Portfolio’s matter especially when credit gets tight. Have a track record of success to show prospective lenders – it makes each consecutive deal even easier.
8. For the right price even inferior properties can be a good buy. Perhaps a house isn’t to your personal preference but it could be the perfect bachelor pad for someone that desires low cost and easy maintenance; whatever the specifics of the property may be – chances are it works for someone. Learn to ascertain the value of the property by price, cash flow and appreciation rather than personal preference.
9. Keep your eye on the big picture. Know why you are investing in short sales / REO's and then work the program.
10. Beware of hysterical analogies. Yes, the nation has problems but we’ve had problems before. Rather than take a hysterical outlook on life, learn how to become proactive instead. It refines the ability to invest, protect your financial future and form a strategy for tomorrow. Even if this nation were to confront a “lost decade” like that experienced by Japan…take a look at how real estate performed. While it didn’t go up (little did), it managed to hold its own…an impressive feat considering they have 100 year mortgages (intergenerational) in some part of Japan.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Difference is GOD does for those that do for themselves, and for those around them.
You know what "I" do on Sundays, spend time with my family and real friends.
A day to relax a little, plan for the upcoming week and share real words of wisdom that will make everyone money.
Have you ever really read the bible?
It is here to teach and show people how they should act and what they should do....
Now if this was the case I should be able to walk into any church in America and everyone in there would give me what they give to the church to reinvest in the communities I am spending "MY" money in to give back to communities and provide true affordable top quality homes.
Bottom line is this "For those of you not smart enough to read between the lines":
The pastor drives a Cadillac
The church is worth over a Million dollars
Everyone around you is fake, conceded and will turn there back on you if you don't benefit them.
The pastor requests 10-30% of your earnings, just so GOD can grace you?
Jews are attending the same church (there Jewish they killed Jesus)
And all of you are standing, sitting or singing for what? What did you actually do?
Did you really give back to anything, or did you sip on your coffee (Starbucks, if this is on your GPS, your not part of my team, make your own coffee) and feel is if you did something...
All right kids here is the hard reality, if your not on the team then your gone.
It is a dog eat dog world.
Me and GOD have an agreement, I will do for others so I can continue to do for myself! (WOW AND GOD NEVER SHOWED UP AT MY DOOR ASKING FOR 20%)
Has anyone ever really asked themselves what GOD means?
I did and that is why it is on my business card "which none of you have ever recieved."
Definition: GOD (General Officer of Development)
Meaning: Provide for those around you, so that you may prosper yourself.
So church is over, if your are smart today, you will spend time with those around you that really are your family / friends / team and appreciate them for who they are and what you can give to them so they can give back to you at the end of the day.
I AM GOING TO MAKE SOME CHILI, AND THEN PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH!!!
:) OH HEY IF THAT INSPIRED YOU I DID MY JOB, NOW GET ENVOLVED AND LET'S GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY!!!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE SELLING FOR $145,000 IN MN TODAY!!!
FORGET WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS SELLING, THIS IS THE REAL DEAL, COMPLETELY NEW! EVERYTHING UPDATED (NEW)!!
THIS PROPERTY IS MOVE IN READY AND READY TO CLOSE ANYTIME YOU ARE READY!!
THIS IS A 3 BEDROOM 2 BATH HOME THAT HAS EVERYTHING YOU WOULD EVER WANT.
STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES, TILE EVERYWHERE, UPGRADED CARPET, UPSCALE LIGHT FIXTURES, FRONT LOAD HIGH EFFICIENCY WASHER / DRYER, CUSTOM CABINETS, CUSTOM TRIM, 6 PANEL DOORS, NEW SIDING AND WINDOWS AND LANDSCAPING!! *NOTE: EVEN A 4X5 FOOT TILED LUXURY SHOWER!!
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY FOR FULL PHOTO'S AND SHOWING APPOINTMENTS.
THIS IS THE MN LAUNCH AND WE HAVE FOUR (4) MORE BEHIND THIS THAT WILL BE READY IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS!!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Updated True facts about the foreclosure Market, Someone might want to forward this to the local News Channel! They keep telling everybody it's better
According to the Center for Responsible Lending, a nonpartisan watchdog group based in Durham, North Carolina, there are more than 6,600 home foreclosure filings per day in the US, and with two million this year alone, the flood shows no signs of abating.
Foreclosures, which started with sub prime borrowers, have now moved on to the much bigger prime loan market on the back of mounting unemployment.
Michael Barr, the Treasury Department's assistant secretary for financial institutions, said in congressional testimony last month that more than 6 million families could face foreclosure over the next three years.
"The recent crisis in the housing sector has devastated families and communities across the country and is at the center of our financial crisis and economic downturn.”
*Note: This is why I am here!!!!!
A recent pickup in sales and home prices in some regions has been heralded as a sign that the crisis in residential real estate may be close to bottoming out, after the steepest price decline since at least 1890.
But nearly half of recent sales have been attributed to foreclosures or "short sales" at bargain-basement prices. The Center for Responsible Lending says foreclosures are on track to wipe out $502 billion in property values this year. (Are you in?)
See you at the top!!
I chuckled a little bit because this person brings no value to the table, nor is he there to help me or any of the countless people that I help. I told him to check my blog later for his answer.
AND HERE IT IS:
lYRICS BY JAY-Z (BUT MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY)
Can't be scared when it goes down
Got a problem, tell me now
Only thing that's on my mind
Is who's gonna run this town tonight...
...We gonna run this town
Life's a game but it's not fair
I break the rules so I don't care
So I keep doin' my own thing
Walkin' tall against the rain
Victory's within the mile
Almost there, don't give up now
Only thing that's on my mind
Is who's gonna run this town tonight
I AM GOING TO RUN THIS TOWN!!
YOU ASKED AND THERE IS YOUR ANSWER.
For those on the team see you at the top!
Friday, October 2, 2009
GSE REO Portfolio Near 100,000
According to 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Freddie Mac’s portfolio is nearly 35,000 properties, while Fannie Mae’s is closing in on double that figure at nearly 64,000. Fannie’s REO portfolio nearly doubled from the first half of 2008 compared to H109. Fannie held 33,729 properties during H108. The number of properties increased in all regions of the US except the "Midwest, which experienced a decrease from 15,265 to 14,626 properties", but the rate of growth in the two portfolios has declined. Freddie acknowledges it expects to experience further losses from REO properties: “While temporary suspensions of foreclosure transfers and recent loan modification efforts reduced the rate of growth in our charge-offs and REO acquisitions during the second quarter of 2009, our provision for credit losses includes expected losses on those foreclosures currently suspended,” the Freddie filing said. Freddie said its pool of Alt-A interest-only loans, as well as 2006 and 2007 vintage loans comprise the biggest share of its portfolio and “continue to be larger contributors to our worsening credit statistics than other, more traditional loan groups,” because of factors like declining home prices.
Freddie’s REO properties are concentrated in the West region of the country, and homes there comprised 27% of the unpaid principal balances of Freddie’s single-family mortgage portfolio as of June 30, 2009, but accounted for 46% of its REO acquisitions in the first half of 2009.